These terms and conditions (“Terms“) govern all Advertisers (defined as “Advertiser“, “you” and “your“) that:
- have placed a Job Ad on www.unemployedzone.com;
- have accessed the Unemployed Zone Employer page through www.unemployedzone.com;
- have been advised that applications submitted in respect of the position advertised in the relevant advert will be stored on your behalf within Employers Zone ; and
- have utilised any features of the Site or UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s Products offered through the Site.
Your access to and use of the information, materials and services provided on this Site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the Terms.
Depending on what level of service you choose, there may be other terms that govern your relationship with UNEMPLOYED ZONE in conjunction with these Terms.
The Site is owned and operated by ROYAL DE BEAVER Limited defined as (“ UNEMPLOYED ZONE“, “we“, “us” and “our“).
Your continued use of this Site will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms by you.
Variation of Terms
- ROYAL DE BEAVER may vary these Terms at any time. ROYAL DE BEAVER will provide notice by publishing the varied Terms on the Site when such occasion arises.
- You accept that by doing this, ROYAL DE BEAVER has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation to its Terms.
- No payment is required for now to register and advertise on www.unemployedzone.com.
Intellectual Property Rights
- ROYAL DE BEAVER retains all intellectual property rights subsisting in any of the goods and services provided to you by UNEMPLOYED ZONE.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
- ROYAL DE BEAVER provides no warranty to you that services generally available through the Site will be uninterrupted or error free. Except where we are unable to exclude our liability by legislation, we, our officers, employees, agents and contractors will not be liable in any way to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however it arises (whether in contract, negligence, or otherwise) out of or in connection with your access and use of the Site.
- Our limitation of liability under these Terms applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are informed of their possibility.
- ROYAL DE BEAVER accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors in your advertisements and you must check your advertisements for errors as soon as they are placed on the Site.
- ROYAL DE BEAVER agrees to use reasonable efforts to publish advertisements in the shortest possible time.
- ROYAL DE BEAVER cannot and does not guarantee you that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site, or features and products available through the Site, will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient safety procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- UNEMPOLYED ZONE acts as a medium through which individuals seek employment opportunities. ROYAL DE BEAVER does not vet, nor is it responsible for vetting candidates or the representations made by them whether oral or in writing – including those representations appearing in candidates’ resumes.
Changes to the Site
- ROYAL DE BEAVER reserves the right at all times, without the need to have to provide any notice to you, to alter the functionality and/or appearance of its products and services available from UNEMPLOYED ZONE or the Site itself, including but not limited to advertisements on the Site and/or as they are represented on mobile communication devices.
- You warrant and agree that:
- you have the legal capacity and power to agree to be bound by these Terms and perform the obligations under them;
- advertisements and other works posted on the Site do not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- all files delivered to UNEMPLOYED ZONE shall be free of infection or viruses;
- you will not use the Site for any illegal purpose;
- you will not use the Site or any features of the Site or products offered on the Site to upload, download, transact, store or make available data that is unlawful, harassing threatening, harmful, tortuous, defamatory, libellous, abusive violent, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise in our opinion objectionable or damaging to UNEMPLOYED ZONE, the Site users or persons generally;
- if you have engaged a third party provider to obtain data and/or obtain services from the Site on your behalf, you understand that a breach of these Terms by that provider will be deemed to be a breach of the relevant Terms (including the Product Terms) by you, and ROYAL DE BEAVER will have the right to take action against you on account of that breach (even if you had no knowledge of, and no involvement in, the said breach); and
- if applicable you have complied with your obligation under clause 32 of these Terms.
- You may not assign or transfer any rights and obligations pursuant to these Terms to any other person or entity without UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s prior written approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld). If you are a company, any change in your effective control shall be deemed an assignment for the purpose of this clause.
- You indemnify and will keep indemnified ROYAL DE BEAVER, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, actual or contingent costs, damages and expenses incurred by ROYAL DE BEAVER in connection with:
- any breach of these Terms or the Product Terms by you;
- any negligent act or omission by you;
- the listing or proposed listing of any advertisement by you on the Site or any related site; or
- an actual or alleged breach by you of any law, legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct which occurs a consequence of the your advertisement appearing on the Site.
- You agree at all times to deal with any information or products provided by UNEMPLOYED ZONE or accessed from the Site in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of Nigeria, or of any other relevant jurisdiction (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
- Except as otherwise permitted under these Terms, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this Site including code and software.
- You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on another website or in any other publication), without UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s prior written approval.
- You may not use the Site to post any pyramid scheme on the Site and you also may not ask or require any candidate to pay a fee, charge, cost or any money whatsoever to apply for any job advertised on the Site whether such fee, charge, cost or money is asked or required of the candidate in the job advertisement itself or in any communication with the candidate that takes place as a result of a job advertisement placed on the Site.
- You may not use any feature of the Site to send any unsolicited commercial electronic messages to candidates, whether individually or as a group. Candidate management tools may only be used to communicate with candidates in accordance with the Product Terms.
- You must not release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity relating to UNEMPLOYED ZONE without it’s prior written approval.
Misuse of candidate data, and on-selling
- Any ‘personal information’ of any candidate that you obtain through your use of the Site or any features of the Site or products offered on the Site (including job applications received from candidates) must only be used by you in relation to your genuine employment and/or recruitment activities.
- Selling or offering services or products (such as learning or educational courses or tools) to candidates whose personal information you have obtained through your use of the Site (including job applications received from candidates) is considered by ROYAL DE BEAVER LTD to be a misuse of candidate data, and is prohibited.
- You may not under any circumstances provide any candidate personal information you have obtained through your use of the Site (including job applications received from candidates) to any other party, including to any affiliate or related party of yours (unless ROYAL DE BEAVER LTD has otherwise consented to this). This restriction on forwarding personal information applies irrespective of whether you receive direct financial benefit for doing so.
- ROYAL DE BEAVER LTD is resolute in its determination to prevent the misuse of candidate data. If ROYAL DE BEAVER LTD believes that you have misused candidate data for any reason, we reserve the right to:
- immediately suspend or terminate your account, and/or suspend or terminate the account of any party that has received candidate personal information from you in breach of these Terms;
- report any potential contraventions to the relevant authorities; and/or
- take legal action against you including any number of remedies provided by law, including the award of monetary damages.
- You must ensure that all advertisements posted to the Site comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances and codes of conduct.
- You must adhere to the principles of truth in advertising.
- You are not permitted to insert links to an external website or an externally hosted application form:
- within the details of a job ad except in the apply options;
- within or from a previously approved externally hosted application form;
- within an employer/company profile; or
- within any communications with a candidate via Talent Search without UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s approval which may be granted withheld or withdrawn at JOBBERMAN’s discretion.
- You are not permitted to promote or refer to brands other than those associated with your business, (or a business operated by a related party to you):
- within the details of a job ad (including from the apply functions);
- from within UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s job application process;
- within or from a previously approved externally hosted application form;
- within an employer/company profile; or
- within any communications with a candidate without ROYAL DE BEAVER LTD ‘s express approval which may be granted withheld or withdrawn at UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s discretion.
- You may only post Advertisements on the Site that is in respect of a genuine employment opportunity that is current as at the time of posting the advertisement, and for which you are currently recruiting. ROYAL DE BEAVER LTD reserves the right to request any information from you that it deems necessary to verify that a genuine employment opportunity exists.
- You must ensure that advertisements posted to the Site are posted to the appropriate category of the Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that you familiarise yourself with the advertising requirements of each available category on the Site to ensure appropriate placement of advertisements.
Authority to store and retain applications
- You expressly authorise www.unemployedzone.com to store and retain all applications submitted in response to the relevant ad within the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page, rather than emailing those applications to an external source.
- Your access to the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page, (and the functionality contained therein) will be via a secure login username and password issued to you by UNEMPLOYED ZONE (the Password). The Advertiser is responsible for:
o providing UNEMPLOYED ZONE with the identity and contact details of individuals authorised to access the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page, on your behalf (authorised users);
o setting authority limits for all authorised users;
o ensuring that any Password provided to authorised users is kept secure and confidential.
- You are responsible for the use of the Password issued by JOBBERMAN to enable users to gain access to the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page,, whether the use is by authorised users or any other person. Any act or omission by an authorised user in respect of the use of the Password and/or the use of the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page that breaches these Terms will be deemed a breach of these Terms by you.
- Once access to the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page, has been granted to you by UNEMPLOYED ZONE, the Advertiser will have access to the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page, and the functionality therein, unless such access is terminated by us in accordance with these Terms and/or the Product Terms.
- UNEMPLOYED ZONE will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page is available for access by authorised users at all times. Notwithstanding this, UNEMPLOYED ZONE and its third party service providers may be required to undertake maintenance and upkeep of the UNEMPLOYED ZONE Employer Page, from time to time.
UNEMPLOYED ZONE’s Privacy Statement
UNEMPLOYED ZONE is a job search and career development organisation operating in the online career space in Nigeria. We are very sensitive to privacy issues. Any user information we collect is considered private and we do not use, or share it except as permitted herein, without the user’s permission. We use this personal information at UNEMPLOYED ZONE to provide the best quality service possible. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by web addresses in the WWW.UNEMPLOYEDZONE.COM which is hereafter referred to collectively as UNEMPLOYED ZONE. We believe it is important you know how we treat the information you may provide to us.
Information Collected by UNEMPLOYED ZONE
We collects user information from several areas of the site without limitation, including the ‘Membership Registration’ area, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. Data are always used as aggregated information, and may be shared with UNEMPLOYED ZONE partners to provide them with information relating to how our visitors ‘use’ the Site.
Collecting information on UNEMPLOYED ZONE Registered Users
As part of registering with UNEMPLOYED ZONE, we collect personal information about Registered Users in order for Registered Users to take full advantage of our services. To do this, it will be necessary for Registered Users to provide additional information to UNEMPLOYED ZONE.
Registration on the Site is completely optional, but you need to register on the Site in order to submit a job application. To become a Registered User you will need to submit some personal information including your email address.
Storing your CV
Registered Users may select to store their CV in their ‘My Account’ area, and use the CV when applying for a job. Deleting a CV from the ‘My Account’ area will mean it is no longer accessible to the Registered User. Deleted records may still be stored by UNEMPLOYED ZONE in testing or backup systems for a period of time.
Use of Information Collected:
Collected information helps UNEMPLOYED ZONE provides the right statistics of unemployed graduates who have served the nation through National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme. Personal information may be used to contact users for the purpose of research, product development, marketing, or customer service, if the user has opted to receive such communication
Making an online application to a job advertisement on UNEMPLOYED ZONE is a free service that requires registration (to become a Registered User). Job applications require users to complete mandatory fields so that the Advertiser can identify and contact the applicant. Registered Users have the option of easily applying with a saved CV and uploading a cover letter.
Use of Email Tools
Upon registration, you may decide to subscribe for some offerings e.g. news, promotional materials. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications from UNEMPLOYED ZONE, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in our newsletters, communication materials, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNEMPLOYED ZONE makes every possible effort to preserve user privacy; we may however need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the process of conducting our business transactions.
UNEMPLOYED ZONE does not sell, rent, or lease user information to any third party, except stated otherwise (such as is in the case of CVs). While we endeavour to ensure the highest level of standards with a similar respect for user privacy, we cannot be responsible for losses or damages that can result from a third party.
Security of personal information:
UNEMPLOYED ZONE takes every reasonable precaution to secure personal information within both its computers and its physical premises.
The security of your personal information is central to UNEMPLOYED ZONE. We follow global industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at email@example.com.
UNEMPLOYED ZONE Partners & Advertisers
UNEMPLOYED ZONE discloses and/or makes available online applications to third parties and/or their nominees. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these third parties is not within the control of UNEMPLOYED ZONE and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.
Advertisers that place job ads on www.unemployedzone.com are asked by to comply with all relevant obligations relating to the use and disclosure of personal information that are outlined in the Privacy Act. UNEMPLOYED ZONE cannot however guarantee compliance with these obligations.
Sometimes, we transfer information to 3rd party contractors including persons outside Nigeria. By giving us your personal information, you consent to such disclosures. Where we transfer information to persons outside Nigeria we believe that the recipients of such information are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are similar in all material respects to international laws.
Changes to personal information:
You may correct or update your personally identifiable information by making the change on your member account. If you no longer desire our service, you may deactivate your membership by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Statement:
UNEMPLOYED ZONE reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.